Why is Max Mute in Max and Ruby
Why is Max Mute in Max and Ruby being the question that is wondered by most of the show’s viewers? The Max and Ruby show is a popular children’s program, but it has been criticized for not including deaf characters. The main character, Max, is often mute and doesn’t speak in the show. He communicates through sign language with his sister Ruby or other people around him. One of the reasons that he communicates this way is because he can’t hear what others are saying to him; however, this means that deaf children watching the show won’t be able to understand what he’s trying to communicate either.
REASONS THAT WHY IS MAX MUTE IN MAX AND RUBY:
The creator of Max and Ruby, Rosemary Wells, intentionally left the answer a mystery in order to allow children’s imaginations to take flight. That said, there are many theories as to why Max is mute. Here are some of them:
1) He was born preterm and lost his hearing due to being in an incubator too early.
2) He has a cognitive disability and was already deaf from birth.
3) His parents are in the military, so they were never home when he was growing up to hear him speak.
4) Ruby is his interpreter – she’s able to read lips and keep Max safe by speaking for him if necessary.
5) He has a mental disability that keeps him from speaking, just like how he does not have the ability to walk on two legs or think as well as others.
6) One of his parents is deaf and it runs in the family so Max might be able to hear but only at very low volumes. He wears hearing aids like many other children with disabilities do today.
There are plenty more theories out there regarding why Max can’t speak; however, we may never know for sure what happened to make him unable to talk as clearly as everyone else around him! It’s really up to you and your child’s imagination.
MOTO BEHIND MAX’S CHARACTER:
The character of Max brings attention to children with disabilities who often do not get enough representation in television shows or movies, but it would also be nice if there were more than just one child on TV that represented this population.
Max Mute works as an ASL Interpreter at Symbols & Signals LLC. He enjoys spending time outdoors though likes having some quiet alone time every now and then too! When he isn’t working you might find him enjoying a good book or spending time with his family.
Max Mute is an actor who has appeared in several films and television shows as well as producing, writing, directing, and editing some of their own projects! He has also worked on stage at theatres all across the country; however, he always prefers working behind the scenes to acting out front. Though sometimes when the role calls for it, he will jump into that starring spot too!
There are a lot of different theories about Why Is Max Mute In Max And Ruby or why he can’t talk; however, we may never know what happened to him to make him stutter and speak less clearly than everyone else around him! It’s entirely up to you and your child’s creativity.
Max is an excellent example of a protagonist with a disability who has strong emotions and can’t control them, but there is more than one disabled kid on TV. Max is an actor who has worked in movies, television series and produced, written, directed, and edited several of his own projects.